Saturday, April 25, 2015

A Couple Hundred For a Cripled Heart (Dirty Thirty)

  Hey guys.  If you've ever seen or heard advice that goes along the lines of, "Be good to yourself", or "Love has to come from you", who ever told you that may or may not know how much gold they've given you.  This piece is reflective of that process for me. From creating my routine workout/breakfast, to walking from 33rd & MLK to the Starbucks on Kessler & Michigan, talking to myself about myself. Self love is such an ultimate key to maintaining your life.

  Don't think so hard about it, right now. Just read this piece, and try to figure out how to get here for yourself.  Enjoy!




3/30:

You're not as heavy as I remember/
Your legs were just limp with history/
Have you ever walked for so long, you started collecting memories from the side of the road?/
Have you ever went nowhere so fast, the door was locked/
And you ended up trekking back home, with a heavy head, healed heart, and a talkative spirit?/
You would kick, when I got distracted/
I tried crossing the street enough/
You would put you weight down in the middle of the first lane, to convince me to stay in mine/
You're not as heavy as I thought/
You arms just dangle inconveniently/
I wished you would latch on to my neck/
To be more comfortable/
Hindsight is everything, but cushioned/
It forces me to look forward and exercise my posture/
Let's get used to standing strong in adversity/
Perhaps I should let go of things I keep in the back of my mind/
You aren't heavy at all/
Your core just deep/
Center just flexible/
You lean forward in faith, and I balance that faith on my gut/
Let's both believe/
Let's continue moving forward prove it's truth/
Let's no longer use second person pronouns to deny we are the same entity/
You could never be me/
I could never be you/
We are I/
And I/
Don't feel so heavy, anymore.




No comments:

Post a Comment